(to the tune of "Oh, My Darling Clementine")
Return to The EFL Playhouse Songs
Red and orange,
Yellow, green, blue,
Purple, brown, and pink and gray--
Pretty colors are all around me,
And I know each one by name!
- Begin by singing slowly. Show flashcard to match each color.
- Choose individual students who are mastering song to show flashcards.
- Give each student a flashcard. Student must stand when class sings color of his or her card.
- Place all flashcards on board. Ask various students to touch each color in the order the class sings them.
- Ask students stand each time the class sings a color they are wearing and to sit each time the class sings a color they are not wearing.
- Ask students to touch another student wearing the color being sung.
- Allow students to make color flashcards using crayons or paints and index cards. All students should show correct color when word is sung.
- Ask students to touch classroom objects that are the color being sung.
You may use this material freely in your home or classroom; however, no portion of the material on this site is to be re-posted, reproduced, or sold without prior permission.